My favorite type of day is a windy one. The world comes alive on a windy day. The leaves in the treetops dance haphazardly. The birds play on tufts of air. Life seems mobile and uplifted. Everywhere are reminders to appreciate life.
One of the tenets of 100 Walks is the idea of cultivating awe. I want to invite you to join me in using the wind as a means of doing that. On a windy day find a quiet place to site preferably in nature and observe how the wind affects your environment.
A few ideas to help you experience:
- How are the treetops moving?
- How are animals and insects reacting to the wind?
- How does the wind feel as it touches you?
- Breath in deeply. You are breathing in the energy of the wind? How does that feel?
- Does the wind affect your mood? If so, how?
- What does it feel like to walk against the wind?
- What does it feel like to walk in the same direction as the wind?
- Can you speak to the wind?
- Does it speak to you?
- Close your eyes – how does your experience of the wind change?
- Thank the universe for the wind. Tell it why.
How do you feel now? Will you remember on the next windy day to pause a second longer and enjoy your experience?
I LOVE windy days. It’s like it’s blowing through my primal wild side. The one that gets tired of being prim and proper. It feels freeing to me.